Thursday, 10 December 2015

Winter Blues inspiration piece for Indigo Blu!

Hello everyone!

Do you know I was so delighted to be selected as top three at Indigo Blu for the "Time Flies" challenge, because it was of Mum - so it meant just that little bit more. So here is my inspiration piece for Winter Blues the current challenge over at Indigo Blu

So, if you cannot make a lush card for Christmas .....well!!   Sometimes you just have to go all out and chuck everything on it dont you!

Here is my card:-

 The red bit you can see is me cos I have a red top on!!

I took 2 A4 card and made it into a large square card, the join is at the back.  All the edging is a paper doily which I have inked in blue.   The first layer is the doily, then a layer of Gold card.   The next layer is a piece of Dark blue card where I have used the flitter glue and mega flakes (Morris Dance) through a stencil


 Then a layer of lighter blue card, but this has been edged using one of the Tim Holtz lacey dies (I dont have the name).  Then I took a piece of acetate and covered the Indigo Blu Crackleglaze background CB1 stamp with gesso, stamped it on the acetate and then sprinkled it with glitter.  Again I cut the edging with the same die.
The image is from the Indigo Blu Christmas Compendium Mini Postcard set (these are amazing value and so useful),

The flowers were just some paper roses and silky things that I sprayed with blue ink, and then I rummaged around and found some old florist leaves which I covered with the flitterglu and mega flakes again.  You can just see them in the picture.  Ruth cut me a load of Seasons Greetings out (cos she has that die and I dont!) so I glittered one up and that went on as well.

I put a line of double side tape and covered that with the mega flakes - so that it looked a little like ribbon and then tied an organza bow and glued that on.

Finally when everything was in place and I was satisfied I did the splattering of watered down white paint just to pull it all together.

Do you know reading this back it looks like "glue and stick" but it took me ages this did!!

Hope you like it and I love it so much when you comment - its great!
http://indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/12/challenge-34-winter-blues-top-3-reminder.html

3 comments:

Florence said...

LOL! Fabulous post Cath. It made me giggle. Love your project. We all believe it took ages...(glue and stick ;p ). Congratulations on your top three.
Take care, Flo xx

Buttons said...

Now that's inspiring Cathryn! Love the whole vintage Christmas theme and the mix of stamping and layers. Jenny x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, gorgeous Cathryn! So many wonderful elements. I love all the flowers and fabulous patterns. Such a great holiday card!