Monday, 21 December 2015

Inspirational Image Mixed Media World challenge

Hello!

Sorry for the delay in posting but my computer has been nothing but a little swine!  Its been playing up something shocking - ever since I downloaded Windows 10, in fact I am going to write and complain to Microsoft! I am fuming!!!!

Anyway I wanted to enter Mixed Media Worlds Challenge which is "Inspirational Image" - you have to follow the colour palette of this picture




I did a tag - first of all I painted it a neutral grey.  Then added some White texture paste through a script stencil.  Then I went back onto the tag with a combination of the base grey, black and white and using water and a softening brush created the background.

Then I sprayed it with inks and dropped water droplets onto it ......some people would call it putting outside in the rain!! (Try it for a few moments it gives a wonderful effect and so natural!!!)


The top picture shows a small canvas which I did in the same way as I wanted to stick it onto the tag.

Then I began with my bits and bobs.........I decided on my images and then added layers of embossing powders in both Black and a Tim Holtz colour (distressed pages or something).  It needed that pop to lift it up...... I also used a stamp again with embossing powders.


The metal ephemera are from Artist Trading Post - they are great!  You can also see some industrial feel washi tape, and a little bit from an old clock.

I love the colours and the way its turned out - and so enjoyed creating this and please nip over to Mixed Media World and take a look at Sara Emilys project as guest designer its lovely!  Indeed ALL the inspirational items are fabulous!

Am off now to write my complaint to Microsoft - snail mail no less!! So I mean business!!!!


5 comments:

Bryan Evans said...

Love the tag, stunning creation and lovely colours.

Dorothy Donna Parker said...

Wow! You did a fabulous job .. love it in every way. Not an easy pallet to work with either. I'm missing my toys -- all still in Mexico. Thanks for dropping by my blog - lovely to see you there. hugs, Donna

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, what a beautiful tag Cathryn!! I just popped my head in to send you some hugs and wishes for a very Merry Christmas!! I will see you after the holidays! :)

sheila 77 said...

What an unusual palette, some colourful people might say "difficult".
Really like what you have done with it, it is so unusual, but then that is what I expect when I come here.
I hope Mr. Microsoft listens to you and sorts out Windows 10 to your satisfaction.
Have a great Christmas and the best ever 2016.

Sara Barker said...

Beautiful tag, Cathryn! I love those colors and that natural splotched background...a favorite of mine! Try it with alcohol sometime...it's even cooler; I learned that from my hair stylist! Good for you to be able to work with this neutral palette; not quite the easiest!

Thank you for your tremendously sweet words you included in your post--I believe it's called a shout out! I'm blushing! I have to say this color palette had me scratching my head for a few days, as I don't see colors the way most do, but I was happy it worked out in the end. That card ended up going to a 92 year old woman we take to church, and she was delighted!

I feel for you with your computer issues...my son told us NOT to use Windows 10; there were a lot of problems with it. Good for you to write to Microsoft...I bet they had to hire a crew to handle all the complaints!

My sincerest wishes to you for a lovely Christmas! You have been a tremendous inspiration and encouragement to me throughout this year! Big hugs!