Monday, 24 August 2015

Back to the dark side!

Hello!

Its been a busy "full on" few days here, what with one thing and another, but I have been doing some crafting and after a few months being pretty and nice, I have to go back over to the dark side!! Back to being Strangely Creative again - I think its more my sort of stuff to be honest with you.  I always feel really inspired and raring to go when its strange.

So hugely inspired by two challenges I came up with this:-


Laughing!  Gotta love it haven't you!! I mean how much more weird can you get!

Here is how it was done



Its on a 6x4 canvas and the first thing I did was stamp the eye (Indigo Blu Take the Time Set) onto
the un-printed layer of a serviette.  Then I cut down a polystyrene ball, and gessoed the eye image onto it.  This gave me the height that I needed.   I added the Crackle medium onto the iris part of the eye and set it all aside to dry.



I covered the canvas with bits of tulle attached with the Viva Decor Relief Paste, and then cut out some greyboard to resemble crackle medium.   I wanted the height but didn't want to use up vast amounts of texture paste.


I attached the eye with the texture paste, and then added torn paper coated in the texture paste so it looked as though it was bursting through and was framed by the edges.   To add further texture I glued on some nappy liners which were then heated with a hot gun (try it!).   Then I added hot glue
from the gun drizzled from around the eye,



I covered the eye with cling film and spray painted the whole thing black and then a bit of gold.
Then I enhanced it using a variety of Viva Decor Inka Golds and also some tiny gold beads.

I am entering this into two challenges:-

Mixed Media World "Gorgeous Textures"

Indigo Blu Challenge "Frame it"

After much messing about I finally have movie maker back on my PC (it disappeared when I downloaded windows 10) so I will be uploading a great tutorial on how to use up those tags and small canvases - so please check out the tutorial page!

Thank you for visiting!

16 comments:

Florence said...

Fabulous project!!! Love everything about it.
Hugs Florence xx

Buttons said...

WOW Cathryn!!! That HAS to be the most creative way I've EVER seen that eye used! Love that you used a ball and nappy liners to get dimension and the glue gun ribbons finish it all beautifully! Jenny x

Kris said...

Oh wow, well that's what I would call too strangely creative, totally fabulous and so bizarrely interesting!!! Oh and you have to love that GluePen, I happened to have the same, so much more convenient than the usual Glue Guns, isn't it! Cheers, Kris.

Gio said...

I love all the layers and the subtle shimmering.Thank you for joining us at the IndigoBlu challenge :-)

Kay Molyneux said...

Wow! Wonderfully disturbing! Fab texture and depth. Kay x

Joanie said...

Oh My!! This is so outrageous you have to like it! Thank you for joining in at the Indigoblu challenge

Jane France said...

Wowzers!!!!!!! Love Love Love your creation

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Wow! This is absolutely amazing! Thank you very much for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid xx

Nikki Killinger said...

This is fab! I love eyes, the stranger the better for me. Thank you for joining us at Indigoblu this month, good luck. Nikki K. xx

Emmy said...

Absolutely amazing! Thank you for joining the IndigoBlu challenge this month! Emmy

Claire Newcombe said...

An inspired piece.Thank you for joining us at the IndigoBlu challenge!
Claire x

rachel said...

oh my - this is sooo creative - love what you have done - thanks so much for joining the indigo blu challenge this time and good luck! hugs Rachel X

Maxine Jones said...

I rather like the strange, very much up my street! Thanks for entering and good luck in the IndigoBlu Challenge!

Wenda said...

I love it wel done girl, thanks for joining us at the IndigoBlu challenge,

Hugs Wenda

Mac Mable said...

What a creative card and how you've used the eye...very clever. Also the use of grey board instead of loads of paste/mediums etc, what a good idea! Will file that one away. Just love it and well congratulations on the top 3, really well deserved.

CornishKat said...

Wow, this is amazing. Love all the textures. Congrats on your top 3 at IndigoBlu, very well deserved.
Katrina x