Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Summer Romance

Hello!

Summer Romance - be nice wouldn't it!  I dunno though, shorts on men over a certain age is not that good a look, have you noticed they always seem to wear beige socks as well, and brown leather sandals with a buckle, usually got a great varicose vein on display!! (laughing!!)

Sorry......

Last time I entered the Anything but Cute challenge I forgot to enter the mood board so here it is......

It is Summer Romance and it must be inspired by these colours - so I did this




I wanted to do something very soft, and very different because I felt the mood board was soft and romantic. Its called "I know he loves me because he said so".  Its Wendy Vecchi art pieces, and I have covered them with scrapbook paper, stamped them and then inked them.   The centre of the flowers are shells and they are also hanging down.  The MDF heart was textured through a stencil and then inked, and the little picture reads "strolls by the beach".  

It is simple but took ages to file the paper through the leaf scroll - sometimes you want a bit of "simple" dont you!

Have a lovely rest of the week!  Thank you for looking and visiting  x

9 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project! Love all the beautiful blossoms!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Holy wowsers Cathryn, this is incredible!! What an amazing interpretation of our mood board and this is such a creative way to include the seashells! I love the subtle print pattern on your key and leaf sprigs and all those dangly bits are just wonderful!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Summer Romance' challenge, you really wowed me with your gorgeous piece! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Samra Leshinski said...

What an amazing way to create the flower centers!!! Gorgeous make! Love the soft and romantic feel to it :)
Thank you so very kindly for joining the Summer Romance Challenge I am hosting this month at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT

Kris said...

Very beautiful and romantic indeed!!;)

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful soft colors. I like your frame a lot. Loving other posts here, I am your newest follower! :)
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving kind words.

Sara Barker said...

Hi, Cathryn! I love this romantic summer hanging! Great colors and so romantic with that shimmery ribbon! I especially love the way you have incorporated the sea shells as flower centers. This is really a treat for the eyes! Thank you for joining our Summer Romance challenge at Anything But Cute with this beauty! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Cec said...

Very pretty and romantic for sure. I love how you used the teeny shells to create he flower centres. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
Hugs!
Cec

Neet said...

So pretty Catherine, and true to the colours too. A truly gorgeous piece of art, I love it when you do this style. Definitely romantic.
(Love your first paragraph - so true)
Hugs, Neet xx

Georgie C said...

Wow what gorgeous embellies and so perfect for our theme, the project is just amazing!
Thank you for joining us at Anything But Cute xx